Client: United States Ski & Snowboard Association
Location: Park City, Utah
The Center of Excellence is the national training and education facility for the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association. The state-of-the-art facility was designed to consolidate the needs of each of seven national sports previously scattered across the nation into one single location. It is also the home of a high school-aged elite student athlete academy. The 85,000 sq. ft. center was built on five acres and was designed to mirror the style and feel of a college campus
- As part of programming and space planning, WPA researched the specific spaces needed to accommodate each of the seven sports including the types of equipment required for high-performance athletic facilities.
- A weight room, gymnasium, climbing wall, cardio areas, ski and snowboard ramps, and aerial trampolines give athletes the edge to train and perform.
- Sports medicine, nutrition center, and recovery/rehabilitation facilities aid in preserving athlete health.
- In addition to serving athletes, spaces like a computer lab, multimedia rooms, and a full sport-science lab serve as educational resources for coaches, judges, clubs, officials, and family.
- The third floor of the center is home to a private high school academy for the USSA TEAM (Total Educational and Athletic Model).